This website is designed to be accessible to as many people as possible, including those who use assistive technology to read or hear online content and people living in remote locations.
How to change text size or colours - W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
Work is continuing to make documents on our site accessible to screen readers. Where appropriate, we will provide both PDF and Word versions of files.
If you have any issues viewing documents on this website, request an alternate version by contacting the Attorney-General's Department.
Breadcrumbs are included on the site. These are a series of links that show you your trail back to the home page from the section you are in.
This website includes proper use of headings that can be navigated through depending on the navigation settings of your screen reader.
Whenever possible, links have been written to make sense when read out of context, such as by a screen reader. All of our links open in the same window to help avoid user disorientation. Return to the previous page by clicking the back button on your web browser.
Images and graphics
We use lightweight images and design elements to decrease load times. All images and graphics include descriptive attributes (alt text).
Whenever we find an error, we work toward the best approach to conformance within the limits of our Client Management System. Our work includes:
- Building content that complies with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0).
- Seeking support and advice from leading industry experts on best practice.
- Checking foreground and background colour combinations to ensure good colour visibility.
- User testing.
- Testing HyperText Markup Language (HTML) before publishing.
- Updating to HTML5 with the aim of improving this website for people who use assistive technology such as screen readers.
- Regular evaluations using the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Markup Validation Service (see our W3C Validator results).
Problems with accessibility on this website
If you have problems accessing anything on this website, please contact us.