Physical transfer of the information assets to our custody can occur once:
- a transfer proposal has been approved
- transfer documentation (Archives Access and Description Lists) have been approved
- you have been contacted with a date for transfer
You will be advised whether the information assets are to be delivered to Gepps Cross or Collinswood.
Checklist for physical transfer of information assets:
- all information assets proposed for transfer are ready for delivery
- the contents of all boxes match the information assets Access and Description Lists
- boxes are labelled with series, consignment and unit numbers in permanent marker
- your approved storage provider or transport provider is able to deliver on the agreed date
- the information assets are not mouldy or damaged
If changes to a consignment of information assets are necessary, you must advise the Archive Team as soon as possible before the transfer occurs.
Consignments that do not meet transfer requirements may be returned to your agency at your expense for correction, or your agency may be invoiced, as per State Records’ regulated fees and charges, for the time taken by an Archivist to re-process the information assets.