Do you need to visit us in person?
- While State Records does not provide a research service, we do offer a limited enquiry service for offsite researchers.
- A growing number of digitised records are available to view online.
- We can supply copies of records on receipt of specific references which may save a visit to the Research Centre.
- Many of the resources available in the Research Centre are available online and can be accessed from home or at a local library.
- If you require research assistance, fee-based research services are available.
Contact us before you visit
Write or call ahead to book an appointment and pre-order records. Original records must be ordered prior to your visit.
To identify the records you wish to view, have a look at:
- indexes and finding aids on our website.
- our catalogue ArchivesSearch - see our guide on how to find records in the archive.