Submit a Reference Enquiry

Please note that State Records does not offer a research service and cannot respond to requests for research advice. We can however assist with the following services:

- Aboriginal family history – sourcing relevant records, particularly regarding family separated because of past government policies

- Citation – confirmation of the accuracy of archival references

- Access to restricted records – referrals to responsible agencies

- ArchivesSearch technical assistance – ordering records for viewing in the research centre, password problems

- Copying – supplying copies of records from specific references

- Copyright – advice on the copyright status of records

If your enquiry relates to these services, please complete the form below and you will receive a response within four weeks. Please let us know if your enquiry is urgent.

Question Details

N.B. If you wish to be contacted by telephone, please indicate this in your question and then enter your telephone number in the box above.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Back to the top